It’s time to announce our 2nd Annual “OOBerfest” in Quartzsite! Last year turned out great and we had such a good time that we surely wanted to try it again! (CLICK HERE to see post from last OOBerfest) So below is who, what, & where as it stands now so you can make plans to attend and become an “OOBie” if not already one from last year. For as you may know, we love our OOBies! Don’t worry, the induction ceremony is painless. (for the most part.)
Like last year, we will start right before the first weekend the Big Show opens. So here is the quick info on it…ALL ARE WELCOME NO MATTER WHAT YOU DRIVE….
When: Jan 19-22, 2017
Where: Quartzsite, AZ – Plomosa Road – End of BLM camping area.
(Here is the exact location we will be —> Google Maps of our location – CLICK (with GPS info.)
Why: Just for Kicks and to meet others.
Bring: Firewood, Full Water Tank, Empty Gray and Black Tanks, Generator, scorpion bite kit (kidding), stories and anything else that may add to the experience.
CUT OFF DATE: January 1st, 2017 (We need to know how many by this point so to save space best we can.)
More information on the 34th Annual RV Show can be found HERE.
Here is a video made from last year’s OOBerfest during Pot Luck dinner…
GATHERING INFORMATION – Last Updated 12/21/2016
Thursday, January 19th – Arrival Day
* Arrive when you can today. Yippee! (Brenda and I will be arriving on the 16th to try to block off desert space. Special thanks again to Dave for helping last year.)
* We will try to arrange the coaches and RV’s, facing inwards along two lines. As you arrive and turn off into the desert, just look for our logo (8x10 paper signs) to make your way back to our group area and see one of us, or other volunteers (hint), for where you should park.
* 5:00PM – OOB Attendees Introductions and meet your hosts David and Brenda and ask the questions you may have for us.
* 7:00PM – Bonfire where you again can meet other OOB attendees and learn what the RV show is like and what to expect. Also tips and tricks on how to conserve RV resources in the desert. Please bring in some firewood to help out with our fires or we will be kind of cold.
Friday, January 20th
* 9:00AM – Coffee & Donuts chat at the campfire area. Grab your favorite mug filled with your coffee, tea or liquor of choice and join us for a donut and chat with fellow RV’ers.
* 10:00 to 11:30 –Tires and Weight – With so many common amenities it’s easy to overload your RV without even knowing it. Join Steve Kass as he discusses weight and tire safety. You can even set a time to get your RV weighed!
* 12:00 to 1:30 – Tech Talks – Have questions, we may have an answer or at least an opinion. After all, RV’ers help RV’ers so come join in on the questions on any topic for RV’ing and also help with the answers around the fire ring.
* 2:00 to 3:30 – Upgrades and Mods Chat! – Have you made some cool mods to your coach or RV that you think others also may like to do? This is the time to share your mods with others. If you are then interested in a mod someone did, set a time to go visit and see how it was done!
* 4:00 to 5:00 – UAV’s and the Art of Movie Making – Interesting topic by one of the few currently FAA licensed video UAV pilots. From movies to TV shows, see hows it is done and hear some stories.
* 7:00PM – Movie Night! Come join us for a movie under the stars. (Movie yet to be determined.)
* Bonfire!!! (Again, please bring wood to help out.)
Sunday, January 22nd
* The RV Show continues and so does your shopping. :)
* This is also departure day, if you so choose, as we have nothing planned other than a campfire. We do know most will stay till Monday for who really wants to leave after a day of shopping. :)
* Bonfire!!! For anyone still around or that is not too tired from all that shopping.
ATTENTION FIRST TIMERS TO QUARTZSITE:
Ok, a quick few things. First…What you bring into the desert, you will bring out. Leave no footprint. When you arrive, you will need to check in with the BLM Host right when you turn on to Plomosa road. (No charge) Then you will head further down to road to find us.
You will be in the desert and will have NO HOOKUPS! Therefore you will need to be sure to have a full water tank and empty black and gray tanks. You should also have fuel for your generator. If you do not have a generator or enough solar panels to run your coach, this really is not for you as you will need power as well as heat. So conserving is the key, so bring and use paper plates, plasticware, and cups. Things that do not require washing! We will go over some tricks as to how you can conserve the first evening.
Be sure you have fuel in your tanks for the generator and heat! (Propane/Diesel/Gas)
There is a service in town called the “Pit Stop” where they will empty your tanks and fill your water with good water. They can also fill your propane tanks.
Even though there is a SMALL grocery store in town, it is not cheap. So bring in any food you will want. There are also a few restaurants.
For trash there is a local dump right down the road as you go into town with limited hours. Best thing is to use larger garbage bags and when needed, drop it off on the way into town.
Other than that GOOD LUCK! :)
See OOBerfest Update Post here… https://www.outsideourbubble.com/ooberfest-2017-update
If you are not already on our Quartzsite email list, see below, or we missed you and you want to join us, PLEASE let us know by using our contact us page to be added to our list or leave a comment below. January 1st, 2017 is the cut off date as we need to know how many by that point so we can save space. Thanks!
99 Currently On Our List (Please be sure you are on it. Last Updated 1/15 12:45PM MT)